The Colleague to Colleague (C2C) Awards are presented annually at the Summer Institute on Distance Learning and Instructional Technology (SIDLIT). This year’s awards will be presented at SIDLIT 2019 to be held at Fort Hays State University, in Hays, Kansas, on Aug. 1 – 2 (Thurs. – Fri.).
Innovation in Teaching Award
The criteria for this award are a faculty member who best incorporates creative and innovative teaching strategies in their courses.
- Creates student-focused, learning-oriented innovations in technology to facilitate learning.
- Demonstrates best practices in online course design including innovative strategies that actively engage students.
- Actively pursues avenues for personal continuous improvement to facilitate the uses of technology in online learning.
Outstanding Technical Support Staff Award
The criteria for this award are a support person who best exemplifies customer service and outstanding performance in assisting faculty with the use of technology in instruction.
- Creates an environment for educational technology exploration, innovation, and usage among faculty and students.
- Creates an environment of listening to determine the student and faculty needs and requirements for utilizing technology effectively.
- Exemplifies customer service in assisting those using instructional technology.
- Actively seeks input into the support process to improve the use of instructional technology.
The Jonathan Bacon Outstanding Leadership Award
The criteria for this award are a person who has “pushed the envelope” at any level in support of instructional technology.
- Sets organizational direction or climate to create an innovative, technology-based student-centered learning oriented climate.
- Encourages or uses key comparative data and information to track student learning to support operational and strategic decision making for learning innovation.
- Promotes diverse ideas among faculty and students to enhance a culture of technology usage.
- Stays up to date on learning technology innovation and promotes funding streams to support growth to improve student learning.
Outstanding Online Course Award
The criteria for this award are demonstrated online course design that incorporates the following elements:
- Promotes active student learning using innovative engagement techniques.
- Demonstrates best practices in usability (UX/UI), Accessibility, and Universal Design for Learning.
- Incorporates multiple learning modalities (eg., video, audio, images, animations, text, etc.)
- Prescribes to national standards in course design (eg, Quality Matters, CSU Chico, etc.)
- Utilizes an instructional design framework that addresses the stated learning objectives.
2019 Award Nominations
Many of us know awesome individuals who work tirelessly behind the scenes to improve our courses, programs, classrooms, and our students’ overall learning experience, and all too often their efforts receive minimal recognition. This is your chance to change that! Have a great innovative teacher or technology leader or support specialist? Know an outstanding online course you’d like to highlight? Nominate them for one of Colleague 2 Colleague’s annual awards.
Please submit your nominations to the forms below before June 1! If there are any questions, please email Dr. Gregory Rose at gregR2001@aim.com.
- Jonathan Bacon Outstanding Leadership Award Award Nomination Form
- Innovations in Teaching Award Nomination Form
- Outstanding Online Course Award Nomination Form
- Outstanding Technical Support Award Nomination Form
Thanks! We value your nominations.